MINUTES: June 13, 2016
Mabel League Team Rep and Executive Meeting
Alma Blackwell Common Room, 7:00 pm
Present: Exec – Allie, Shelley, Terra, Rebecca, Bri, Emma. Team Reps – LJ (Marla Hooch), Dennis (leonard.), Clare (Plan B), Pat (Tanks), Laura (Heartbreakers), Pia (Team Sway), Romy (Isotopes), Crystal (Oddballs), Ruth (DitB), Devon (Biggest Hits), Robin (Beavers)
Chair: Allie (for Tammy)
- Welcome and Introduction (round)
- AGM September 12th – at this meeting any proposals to amend the bylaws will be voted on, and a new executive elected. Please consider running for a position – there will be openings. If you would like to discuss job descriptions, they are posted on the website and any current exec would be happy to talk about them. A reminder that if you do have a proposed amendment to the bylaws, you must submit it in writing, in the appropriate form (also available on the website) 21 days before the meeting (i.e. .August 22)
- LIL Tournament debrief: some feedback was received, such as the semi-finals played by the competitive division not being clear and the other divisions not being seeded properly. The feedback has been duly noted and teams can rest assured that divisions will be seeded properly for the Finals tournament (the LIL was a fun tournament outside of season play so seeding was not paramount, for the Finals it is). Feedback also suggests that people loved playing at Connaught, especially as all the fields are together. It was also suggested that flip-cup, even though there were non-alcohol options available, is a little too focused on drinking. Suggestion that next year there be more emphasis on the lawn games etc. People seemed to like having an evening event on the Saturday at the field, so next year there will be more effort put in to that event.
- Congratulations to the Rebels who won the Recreational Division; BB9 who won the Intermediate Division (and donated their cash prize back to the league in recognition of having been allowed to drop down a division for the tournament) and the Leftovers who won the Competitive Division.
- Clinics – there is another set of weekend clinics planned for June 18 and 19. Both days still have space available. Please pass this along to your teams.
- Statistics – an up-do-date listing has been created: Wombats, 2. Tanks, 3. BB9, 4. Marla Hooch, 5. Ballerz, 6. Plan B, 7. somethin’ naked, 8. leonard., 9. Sway, 10. Beavers, 11. Reckless, 12. Rebels, 13. Isotopes, 14. Heartbreakers, 15. Deep in the Bush, 16. Oddballs, 17. Biggest Hits
- We’re on track so far this year.
Special Events: Bri
- Update on Softball World Series – money is being collected tonight, and tickets will be purchased shortly. Team reps are responsible for getting these from Bri and handing them out to their players. If people don’t want to commit to tickets now, there will still be room on the bus for people who want to buy tickets at the field.
- Scorebooks due at July team rep meeting
- Tips for completing scorebooks properly: ensure the team name is on the book; ensure that all names are clearly written, please use proper names, not nicknames; if you have more than one person of the same name on your team, please ensure last names are included. Please include the spreadsheet that will be forwarded to you by email shortly.
Schedule: Allie (for Alana)
- Update on rainout rescheduling: the couple of rainouts we’ve had so far have been rescheduled.
- Rescheduling requests: There have been a couple of requests to reschedule games for convenience – we don’t do that. Please pick up players from the sub list so you don’t forfeit. We also suggest you add all your players to the Facebook subs group so the whole league can see when a team is looking for a sub.
- Templeton: The field is in dire need of attention. A complaint has been lodged with the City.
- Clark Park: A request from the floor was received to obtain a porta-potty for the field for the duration of our season.
- Code of Conduct: Formerly known as the zero tolerance violence policy. After going through a consultation process (survey, feedback, drafting) a final draft has been made for presentation. With a couple of friendly amendments from the floor, the Code of Conduct was passed unanimously. Please see the attached.
Team Sway requested an update of plans for fun. Bri reported that the movie night fell through as the Rio requires a lot of notice for renting out the theatre. Sway also wanted to know if there will be an extra field available for finals to use for fun games. As soon as the Exec has drafted the finals schedule we’ll get back to everyone about extra field availability.
Bri enquired of team reps whether they forward information to their teammates. It would appear that not everyone has been as Bri keeps getting emails from players about things she has sent out information to team reps about. Also, please “like” Mabel posts on Facebook, this helps boost the audience who see the posts.