MINUTES: March 7, 2016
Mabel League Team Rep and Executive Meeting
Alma Blackwell Common Room – 7:00 pm.
Present: Exec: Tammy, Bri, Shelley, Alana, Emma, Rebecca; Team Reps: Paige (Tanks), Shawna (Rebels), Natasha (Ballerz), Clare (Plan B), Chrissy and Crystal (Oddballs), Katie (Deep), Portia (Isotopes), Amanda (Heartbreakers), Michelle (Reckless), Lauren (Marla Hooch), Terra (Wombats), Dennis (leonard.), Doris (BB9), Sue (new team), Romy (Beavers)
Called to order at 7:02 p.m.
- Welcome and Introduction (round)
- Survey: A survey was circulated to team reps with respect to last meeting’s discussion of whether we should continue to allow players to play on more than one team, in more than one division. The overwhelming result of the surveys was that yes, we want to continue to allow this (only up/down one division though).
- Facebook: Is there interest in adding a forum to the Facebook page for teams to advertise for subs and players to indicate availability to be picked up as a sub? The floor responded that Yes, there is.
Co-Chair: Allie (presented by Tammy)
- Skills Clinics: will be back this year. Requests received from the floor for a catcher’s clinic and adding positioning into “The Game”
Registrar: Meg (presented by Tammy)
- Reminder that SPN and Roster forms are due May 9 (but players can be added after that date)
- Reminder that LIL Registration forms are due May 9
- New players list has about 20 names on it. Reminder to please contact Meg if you pick up a player from the new player’s list so that the list can be updated accordingly.
- New teams update: No one contacted Meg for a new team package. One registration fee has been received for a new team. There may be a second coming in.
- Team Rep and Exec Contact info: Please ensure we have the proper email address for your team rep.
Special Events: Bri
- Meet Mabel report: The event was successful. 20+ potential new players came out and put their names on the list. These names have been forwarded to Sue, who is forming a new recreational team and who has invited them all to a practice.
- Events planned update: There will be no Meltdown this year. A couple of events in the works are group tickets to the Softball World Series (the weekend before our finals) and rental of the Rio theatre to show baseball movies, like A League of Their Own. If you have any event ideas, please contact Bri.
- Volunteer Duties: once registration is over we will know how many teams we have, and once LIL details are worked out we’ll know what volunteer duties are required. Come to the April meeting prepared to sign your team up for a volunteer job.
- Umpire training: Please, encourage all your teammates to get certified as umpires
- Rules Clinic April: Pat Dooley is unable to attend our next meeting, but we will have another umpire to tell us about any rule changes since last year and answer any questions you may have. All are welcome at this meeting – encourage your teammates to attend.
- Rules & Grievance Committee – think about if you want to volunteer – we need one player from each division. Once we know all the divisions we will finalize the members of this important, but rarely called upon committee.
- Team deposit ($250) due at this meeting.
- Balance of team fees due May 9. Last year’s fees were $1200. This year’s won’t be more than that, and may even go down depending on how many teams register tonight and how the budget can be revised. IF the fees are $1200 again, then $950 + $200 forfeit bond = $1150 is what would be owing on May 9.
- LIL fees ($350) due May 9
- Budget update: Once registration is complete, the budget can be revised. Look for that at the April meeting.
- LIL field – we are excited to announce that the LIL tournament will be held at Connaught Park (12th and Vine) this year. Details are being worked out, but what we can share is that there are four fields at the park, plus a clubhouse, and the park is very close to the 99 B-line for your transit ease.
Meeting adjourned at 7:22 p.m.